Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
But Rika was "living her life". She was out there having fun with her friends. It's not like she was brooding or anything?

Although if you think about it in the world she actually won her life she made a few mistakes here and there, but she wanted to have it where she didn't make one mistake. Not only that, but this was to prove a point ot Rika on how she shouldjust keeep going in life even if she has made mistakes.

I think the prefect world was to state that the group never had to go through the hardships they went through in her actual life. In the real world they overcame it so that's something to keep working on even if there were faults along the way. Although truth be told there is no such thing as a sinless world unless you've passed on I guess.

Aside from that she even gave up her title as a witch over all of this as well. So I guess she decided to just life her life instead of trying to constantly try and fix her life.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 29 2009, 08:09 PM) Although if you think about it in the world she actually won her life she made a few mistakes here and there, but she wanted to have it where she didn't make one mistake. Not only that, but this was to prove a point ot Rika on how she shouldjust keeep going in life even if she has made mistakes.

I think the prefect world was to state that the group never had to go through the hardships they went through in her actual life. In the real world they overcame it so that's something to keep working on even if there were faults along the way. Although truth be told there is no such thing as a sinless world unless you've passed on I guess.

Aside from that she even gave up her title as a witch over all of this as well. So I guess she decided to just life her life instead of trying to constantly try and fix her life.
Okay, this will be my last comment on this, because I don't want it to seem like I'm constantly questioning everything (though I do question a lot of things).

I do agree with pretty much everything you wrote. It was interesting to see Rika be faced with the ultimatum of staying in the perfect world or going back to the world she and her friends fought so hard for.

However, and this is my critical criticism for this episode: Rika never had to choose.

What is the whole purpose of the ultimatum if Rika doesn't choose? She just wakes up and is told that it was all a dream. Now, whether or not it was a dream is not for debate, as even if it wasn't a dream, Rika's moment of decision was never shown. There was no corpse of Rika's mother or a scene with Rika with a bloody knife or anything.

It was all left vague. Why? What is the purpose? This is Higurashi. Little girls killing people is a large part of what fuels this franchise. I'm not bloodthirsty though, I just crave consistency. If they never intended Rika to kill her mom, then put the fragment elsewhere. Make it instead that she has to burn down some random building located near the shrine. Just for crying out loud, show her moment of decision.

Isn't that the most pivotal moment? When she finally makes the decision that despite all the perfection of the world she was in, she still wanted to be back with her friends who were so much closer than the students who calmly invited her to join the Games Club.

By having Hanyuu saying "Oh Rika, it was just a dream" was just about the stupidest and most inane thing that could have happened.

Although granted I can understand what you're trying to get at, and it feels good to discuss the different points of view over this.

For all we know Rika would have chosen to just stay there. Although from the looks of things it could of been something different I mean for all we know her mother may have overheard Haynuu talking while she was sleeping and thought that she should let Rika go home. Or if Hanyuu to be very spiteful even if Rika wanted to stay in that world she'd somehow manage to pull her out of it. I mean Rika did fell regrett over thinking she killer her mother though so that has to mean something.

Although out of this whole series the only one that never killed anyone was Satoko. The other was Rika if you do not cound the self knife head-butting scene.

Actually most of our hero and heroine do did kill someone or cause someone killed. Like Satoko, wasn't she kill her parent during their vacation. And later Ooishi got curiosity over the case causing quite bother to her especially when she lvl 5.

In this episode, Rika got her turn and doing it with her very hand. Although it just a dream and we can't view when she doing it. This episode emphasize the value of her fighting, is it worth or not. She surprise to find there is another perfect world but that world is without any conflict where everyone win.

Sure it make her think a lot. Her best view of world with her friend and the fight that she win or the world where she don't have to fight. That what win-lose where Rika party win, Miyo faction lose and win-win where nobody have to confront each other.

The choice is your anyway Rika ......

Oh yeah I forgot that Satoko did that on a whim, but I meant during the series not flashing back to before K-1 showed up or even before Satoshi disappeared. Although I have to ask, did Mion even kill anyone, or was it Shion that posed as Mion when she killed people?

Mion ..... I never seen she play killer role in series. But she do directly cause someone get kill. Mostly her action like her lamentation to Shion that she not manage to attract Keichi interest flag ..... then later raising Shion negative feeling. Then again, the trigger is actually Keichi doll ... if Keichi give it to Mion, none will happen.

But later Mion not inform Shion that none of head family involve in so called Oyashiro curse causing Shion to think Satoshi killer is among high rank of family. Mion also capable to stop the first arc incident if she inform Keichi about Oyashiro curse case, she and Rena don' have to die.

Another situation, Mion could save Satoko faster if she manage to get her grandma straight and Keichi don't need to kill Satoko's uncle.

In other word, nobody is innocent. Any of them might start something. But Mion not killing anyone with her very hand. Only Shion do the kill personally. The answer arc of first season explain it.

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Jul 04 2009, 04:43 PM) Don't forget Mion had the syringe in the first Higurashi arc.
I don't know about that from what I can guess that point was really during Keiichi's delusional PoV at that time. Although they do go back to it to show that he was delusional at that time.

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Jul 05 2009, 04:43 AM)Don't forget Mion had the syringe in the first Higurashi arc.

According to flashback in answer arc in first season, the syringe is Keichi's delusion of lvl 5. It actually a marker pen. Thank for flashback, we manage to see cute Mion gone clueless and blushing when Keichi embrace her.

Well with this episode being nothing more then a fanservicy moment for the gang all I can say is they had a pretty good job doing it. It seems that no one was safe from Rena's punches and that actually included Rika. I mean I can understand K-1 and Satoko no problem, but when it comes to Rika and Mion it's hard to belive she would deck them so easily. Well for Mion it's more along the line of the repercussions involving that.

In any case it was kind of funny to see Rena going into her posessed mode and back to her cute mode oh so quickly here. So with that being stated I think this pretty much was nothing more then the prologue for the Daybreak fighting games of this series.

Although this does mark the completion of the Higurashi series, but only the beginning of the When they Cry stories.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 09 2009, 04:40 PM) Although this does mark the completion of the Higurashi series, but only the beginning of the When they Cry stories.
tongue.gif

This is a blatant lie. I have yet to see Natsumi and co. make an appearance, let alone the "true" ending of the game to be animated.

Wow Kit I never knew you would pounce on my like that.
ohmy.gif
Although I kind of ment that in an animated sense. Although it would be interesting if they did something like that though. But I kind of have my doubts on the matter since they are pressing into the Seakitties storyline for the time being now.

Okay after seeing Higrashi Kira 3rd OVA epsidoe I have to say that I expected this issue to pop up sooner or later. I mean we fall back to the Shion being Myon gag, and top it all off we even have Rena and Myon showing signs of them liking K1 afterall.

In any case it shows that Rika must of been bored if she decided to mess with K1's relationship with the entire group. As expected from Lady Benkasel though, but this makes me wonder if Satoko was really Labdadelta out of all of this. Yeah I know i have some Umineko influence since I'm re-reading it.

Speaking of wich I which, I wonder if they will make the HigruashixUmineko crossover anime at all since I'd really like to see what would happen if two separate gameboards somehow managed to colide with each other.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 06 2012, 06:36 PM)Okay after seeing Higrashi Kira 3rd OVA epsidoe I have to say that I expected this issue to pop up sooner or later. I mean we fall back to the Shion being Myon gag, and top it all off we even have Rena and Myon showing signs of them liking K1 afterall.Higurashi Kira 4th episode just released and watched ^^ too much 'moe' but a bit more serious plot, compared to the previous episodes with "Chibi Rika" from the past (70's dam incident)... who timeslips to the future Hinamizawa meeting a 'Loli Rika' and company from the present (80's), so far it's the best episode in my opinion if not the last of these Kira OVAs -.- the Higurashi series I liked least

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back