Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
full

Japanese: 大正処女御伽話
Airing date: 9/10/2021 (Saturday release)
Episodes: 12
Genres: Romance, comedy, slice-of-life
Studio: SynergySP
monsta recommends for: Sweet romantics who enjoy wholesome feelings/ideal waifus.

Synopsis: Tamahiko Shima comes from a rich and powerful family but when he gets involved in major car crash that leaves his mother dead and his dominant arm crippled, he is banished to the countryside to avoid bringing shame to his family.

Living on his own, Tamahiko slowly loses the will to live... That is until a young girl named Yuzuki enters his life. Her optimism and enthusiastic nature prove infectious as Tamahiko slowly comes out of his shell. It is not long after this that he begins to see the world in a more positive light.

Trailer:

Thoughts: I have some mixed feelings about this show. On the positive side the production values in this anime are great and the level of animation really captures the sense of history as well as the various emotions of our main characters. Moreover, the emotional strife and family history of Tamahiko Shima adds a dynamic that keeps you interested. On the other hand Yuzuki is really a fantasy character that is inserted for wish fulfilment. I won't lie the girl is cute. The issue though is she made too perfect so her lack of flaws does break my suspension of disbelief.

Now depending on your personal disposition this can be a positive or a negative. Just got to ask yourself do you want an ideal girl type figure or are you more after a girl who resembles reality? The answer to that question will largely determine the level of enjoyment you have for this series.

Going beyond the main characters there is some heavy scenes involving the Shima household as while the family is rich they are pretty brutal. The start of each episode have so far started on pretty sour notes so be prepared to witness some genuinely depressing scenes. These moments do not last however as there are many upbeat, even wholesome moments so this is not a dark series; it just one filled with a wide range of emotions. Romantic lovers and people who like cute waifus will be loving this one. I am a little on the fence but will give this 6/10 after the opening two.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back